Help to choose Intel Chipset Motherboard

Audio~~Chip 23:05 15 Sep 09

Just closed a post as I am still stuck but now have more info. I am upgrading with the following and going to be using WinXP Pro SP3 for arround 10months as I will be going onto Windows 7 when the dust settles.

What I need help with is a Intel Chipset Motherboard which doesn't have a Boot Lag like my turbo Diesal Skoda, I recently built in a Asus P5Q motherboard, luckily I sold it to my sister partner for a loss. That Asus P5Q motherboard had a Boot issue possibly caused by a Marvel controller on the IDE.

So the following parts I have
Intel Quad Core Q6700 2.66GHz OEM
ATI HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 HDMI Graphics Card

I was looking at a Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G Motherboard is this a respectable motherboard ?

I am not a gamer but do require excellent graphics as I do a lot of screen work.

ambra4 03:32 16 Sep 09

Take your pick Intel motherboard and chipset for the Intel Quad Core Q6700 2.66GHz Processor

click here

Audio~~Chip 11:10 16 Sep 09

I didn't actually mean a Intel Mfr Motherboard I need a respectable Motherboard for a Intel Quad Core Q6700 like Gigabyte, Asus, MSI

Will close this post and re-open

I am Spartacus 11:22 16 Sep 09

I can't see the point of opening another thread when you can get the answers in this one.

If you're not overclocking then just buy the cheapest one that's compatible with your Q6700 and has a PCI-E slot (which should be the vast majority of Socket 775s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac