help with a cheap but stable operating system

craig24 21:45 18 Apr 04

I am looking for advice for a cheap option for an operating system, the pc will be used in a buisiness evironment for word processing and general office operations, i have looked into QNX,windows and linux but it appears that all the stable platforms (redhat, mandrake) ect all cost quite a bit of money(including licensing). Is there anyone out there that has come across a cheap but reliable and stable operating system. Thankyou in advance for any help you can give me concerning this matter

Pesala 21:58 18 Apr 04

click here but I suspect that Windows XP Pro will prove the cheapest in the long run.

Pesala 22:15 18 Apr 04

is with a new PC. You could try a bare-bones system with an OEM version of XP Pro from a small PC builder, or a new base unit (no monitor) from well known supplier like Evesham for about £424 ex VAT. Spec: 2400 Ghz AMD Athlon, 512 Mb DDR RAM, 80 Gbyte HD, CD/DVD/CD-RW combo drive, XP Pro.

Open Office will proved all you need for Business applications.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…