Help with cells in a spreadsheet

The Belarussian Mafia 20:07 03 Oct 06

I've got 5 columns in the sheet. Only four rows have the cells showing on the print-out; on the fifth row the data appears but no cells. Why?!

PS I'm using Open Office, but it's virtually the same as Excel.

Thanks.

marbleblue 21:05 03 Oct 06

In Excel, anyway. The first is there a button on the formatting toolbar called Borders. Highlight the cells you want to show on your printout, then click the dropdown menu on this button, and select the icon 'All Borders', and then the cells which you highlighted should show up on the printout.

There is also a 'proper' way to do it, which I think is more permanent, but I can't think for the life of me how to do it, but that is a good quick fix alternative, and I'll be sure to post back if it comes to me.

marbleblue 21:13 03 Oct 06

Again, I can only say this works on Excel. Go to File>>Page Setup and click on the Sheet tab, then check Print..Gridlines. This will print all the gridlines on your selected print area (File>>Print Area>>Set Print Area)

Hope on of these solutions work!

JoE. 23:13 21 Oct 06

If so, please could you green tick this thread.

Chris the Ancient 11:24 22 Oct 06

It may be that you filled the cell with white. Highlight the cells and make sure that the background is set to 'no fill' not 'white'.

The Belarussian Mafia 17:49 23 Oct 06

A big thank-you to marbleblue: the first solution worked perfectly. It was my son who needed this for his GCSE coursework, so it's also yet another feather in the bonnet for pcadvisor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced