Help on CD Writing

sg0102 12:29 31 May 07

Hi,

Please be patient, i am a complete novice...

I am trying to write some photos onto CD off my Toshiba laptop. I bought some Re-writable CDs from Staples this week, but keep getting an error message

Comes from the "CD Writing Wizard" and says:

"There is no disc in the drive. Please insert a writable CD into drive D:\"

I don't get it as the CD is just that!!

Anyone able to help/advise!??

Thanks
Steve

recap 12:32 31 May 07

Silly question this but, are you placing the CD up the correct way?

sg0102 12:33 31 May 07

Fair question - but yeah, am sure it is!!

Pamy 12:36 31 May 07

Can you try a non-rewritable disk and see if that is recognised?

Pamy 12:37 31 May 07

Can you try a non-rewritable disk and see if that is recognised?

rodriguez 12:37 31 May 07

When you put a blank CD in, it should pop up saying Blank CD and have a list of options. A burning program such as Nero will probably work better - double click the CD drive in My Computer and see if it actually comes up as "Blank CD". I also take it that you bought ReWritable CDs and not DVDs - putting blank DVDs in a CD burner won't work.

recap 12:37 31 May 07

The CD/DVD drive may require cleaning, if you have an ordinary CD cleaning disc you can use this to clean the CD/DVD drive.

Pamy 12:39 31 May 07

Ah, Is your CD drive a burner drive ie not just a read only?

sg0102 12:39 31 May 07

When we try to click on the CD it takes me to the folder of the photos ready to burn onto disc. if that helps!?

Interestingly my girlfriend has successfully burnt music onto the discs previously.

rodriguez 12:40 31 May 07

One more thing - does your laptop have a CD/DVD recordable drive in it? If it just has a normal reader, you can't record anything to discs.

sg0102 12:40 31 May 07

It does say on the drive that it is a CD Rewriting drive...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…