HELP WITH CD-RW DRIVE PLEASE!!!

Viv-208691 21:42 15 Oct 04

Hi there, ive just backed up a load of stuff onto cd-rw (pics, excel, word docs). However, only my cd-rw drive is able to read the data on this cd (dvd drive wont read it). any ideas why this may be??

cheers.

JonnyTub 21:48 15 Oct 04

did you "finalise" the disk?

Viv-208691 21:50 15 Oct 04

i think so, it popped out once the recording had finished, so i presume it finalised it self. (i simply 'wrote files to cd' using win xp)

Thanks

JonnyTub 21:53 15 Oct 04

try here, possibly an answer click here

woodchip 22:30 15 Oct 04

If you just draged the files in XP Explorer that's why it only works on your computer

Viv-208691 22:58 15 Oct 04

sorry woodchip, dont understand???

thanks

woodchip 23:05 15 Oct 04

If you have XP and not using NERO or such to copy files to CDRW disc then it writes to the CDRW as Packet writing. and can only be read on a computer with the same Packet writing software. In XP if you are using Explorer to just drag files onto the CDRW disc then it's doing the above

Viv-208691 23:11 15 Oct 04

ok, thanks woodchip, can i stop it from doing this?

kev.Ifty 23:28 15 Oct 04

Unless its me........ I think blendit2 is saying the CD, after writing will only work in the computers CD DRIVE but not the Computers DVD DRIVE..

The only thing that springs to mind is that some drives don't like certain disc's. I believe Depending on the manufactures of the disc's and drive's some incompatibilities can crop up.

Try different disc's ? ?

sorry not more helpful

KEV.

jimv7 23:31 15 Oct 04

woodchip, I use xp's own writing software to load the updates for avg on as they become available, I have never had a problem with the cd being read by 98/me/2000 or xp, the only time a read error appeared was when the cdrom in a win 98 machine was faulty.

Stuartli 09:13 16 Oct 04

I use Imation CD-Rs in multisession form with Nero to burn utilities, patches, updates etc until they are full.

Even though most of the disks are not finalised as there is still space available, I've never come across a drive or rewriter so far that's unable to read the files or fail to install them as required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…