Help with CD rom files.

Newuser857 09:00 27 Oct 03

Can anyone help me here please. I have files on my computer at home that relate to work. I want to hand them over to a colleague and they are too big to go on floppies. I have transferred them to CD rom using Easy CD creator but they are all read only. I have tried everything I can to change their properties but nothing seem to work I also closed them to read on any computer but the computers at work will not recognise them

How do I:
a) change the properties so they can be amended

b) prepare them to be read on the works computers.

I?m off to work now so I won?t be able to read any answers until later. Any help gratefully received!!

MAJ 09:08 27 Oct 03

To change the read only attribute, first save them to the hard drive then right click the file, choose Properties and untick Read Only, tick Archive.

Diemmess 09:27 27 Oct 03

MAJ has answered a)

What bothers me is that your works computer "cannot read them!"

If I, in a blissfully ignorant state, had to do what you are doing I wouldn't expect to close the CD......... Honestly, for data, I don't do this anyway though doubtless lots of others will jump on me for good reasons.

If all else fails try burning at a slow rate, and avoid using the maximum that your burner will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…