help!! cant use wireless adsl router with aol

dickibobboy 21:23 26 Dec 05

ok, i got a new laptop for christmas and someone kindly also got me a wireless adsl router, i am in the uk, i have aol broadband 512k and they are upgrading my speed in the new year to 1meg, i talked with aol live help and they said that it could not be done and i would have to upgrade to a higher package for the wireless to work, but i have been told that it can be done its just aol dont really give help on it and say you cant do it.
so how do i set it up?
i have a netgear super wireless ADSL modem router. which has a 108mbps usb adapter,
i have installed it and its up and running telling me the speed and the signal stregnth, so how do i set it up with aol? if i just go to IE 'page cannot be displayed' and i cant dial using aol because that uses the modem,
HOW DO I SET IT UP!!, its driving me mad stuck in one room when i have the equipment to go wireless!!

any help would be great

mtis2000 02:45 27 Dec 05

click here will give you all the details (adapt to your gear!)
good luck
(I discovered that the connection dies sometimes and need to be resarted by switching the adsl/modem/router off/on

hope it helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…