HELP! Can't remove two files in temp int folder

joelmb 16:56 06 Oct 04

Hi I hope someone can help with this as its preventing me from working. I have been having problems with my PC since yesterday when XP reported dropper.delf trojan evident. I've now removed this along with loads of other spyware. However after a while of working away in internet explorer or just opening a new windows folder things grind to a halt and my pc restarts.

In trying to clean out my temp folders etc, temporary internet folder has two files which won't delete and freezes that folder, until it says its stopped responding; forcing it to close restarts explorer.

My guess is these files reside in a corrupted bad sector of the hard drive and windows after a point tries to index these files perhaps causing it all to freeze and then restart because the corruption (but I really am not sure) So does anyone know how I can delete these files? I've tried in safe mode and I get the same problem above. I'm using XP pro, sp2.

joelmb 16:59 06 Oct 04

by the way im currently trying Gipo 'Move on boot' application ive just found so will see if this helps.

joelmb 17:13 06 Oct 04

nope it didnt :( didn't actually do anything. so any other ideas anyone?

rawprawn 17:17 06 Oct 04

Try this, download and run this free program, turn system restore off first and run it in safe mode

VoG II 17:23 06 Oct 04

rawprawn forgot click here

joelmb 17:49 06 Oct 04

Sorted it by deleting them through command prompt. phew. just have to see if it sorts all the problems. anyway thanks.

Dorsai 17:51 06 Oct 04

Have you tried to boot into safe mode, and then delete them while in safe mode?

Just a suggestion. And one you have probably already tried i would guess.

rawprawn 18:23 06 Oct 04

Thank you, I don't know what is wrong with me tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now