Help! Can't reinstall my Free AVG Virus Software

Greengo 22:18 16 Jan 06

I ran my AVG updates as normal. Midway through my system crashed(Your system found an error and is shutting down). I uninstalled the software and reinstalled and ran the update again. Everytime I try and installs the software it crashes with the same error message. Please help!

Skyver 22:30 16 Jan 06

What version of Windows? If it's XP do a disk check, start menu/run, type `chkdsk /F`, and a system file scan , start menu/run, type `sfc /scannow` - have your XP CD handy.

LivEviL 22:38 16 Jan 06

right after u have done the sfc /scannow thing if that hasnt sorted it

download ccleaner click here

right now go into the directory where AVG is installed (i.e c:\program files\AVG free ect ect) delete any files from there ! then click on start>run>regedit

then delete any reg files from AVG

in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > software

then run Ccleaner to get rid of all the junk left from it! then u should be able to install!

Greengo 09:48 17 Jan 06

Skyver and LivEvil

I have tried both of your suggestions but I am still experiencing the same problem. I did however forgot to mention that after my system crashed, windows wanted me to send an error report which stated that windows had to shutdown because of a device driver. I have checked device manager and all is working properly.
I recently installed a 3COM Wireless 11G PC card, could this be the problem? There are currently no driver updates for this PC card on the offical website. Can anyone help?

LivEviL 17:57 17 Jan 06

erm..... have u tried installing it in safe mode? or in normal mode but making sure that all unessessary background programms are shut?

hmmm this is a weird one? have u tried downloading it from a different mirror and do u have the latest version of AVG?

Sharpamatt 18:28 17 Jan 06

how old is your AVG? if pre 06 go to grisoft and download the new version, this should solve your AVG.

I feel it more likely you hardware chnge is the cause of your crash than the program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…