HELP!! cant find my AOL password for my wii!

Hi, I've just bought a wii, I'm trying to connect it to the internet. on the wii menu I can find my secure wireless access point, then it says 'imput password or key'. I've tried the AOL password I use to sign on to AOL and I've tried the series of numbers next to my name on my account, neither worked. I've spent ages on AOL help with no luck, where can I find the password I need?, think it might be called a 'master password'?. I just need to know where to go on AOL!.

Thanks!

realist 21:10 06 Jun 09

I would guess it's your router settings you need not AOL
click here

where do i find router settings?, i dont know much about computers!

phono 21:39 06 Jun 09

As realist has said, it is not your AOL password that you need, it is the WEP or WPA key to access your router that you require.

Most routers have this on a sticker on the base or rear of the unit, it may also be on a printed card which came with the router, the router will have your AOL username and password stored on it and it is through it that you will be accessing the Internet.

What is the make and model of the router? If you post back we may be able to help you locate the required key.

Hi, that would be great, thanks for the help - i have a thomson speedtouch ST585 V6.

THANKS VERY MUCH!!

phono 22:07 06 Jun 09

Do you have any other devices already connected wirelessly to this router?

i just use it for my laptop

phono 22:35 06 Jun 09

From your router's manual:

The default 64 bits hexadecimal WEP key is printed on the identification label located at the bottom of the SpeedTouch™ and is unique for each device.

The default WPA-Personal passphrase is printed on the identification label located at the bottom of the SpeedTouch™ and is unique for each device.

The WPA-Personal passphrase must consist of 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 8 to 64 HEX digits.

In other words, if the Wii shows the detected wireless network as WEP then use the WEP key, if it shows the detected wireless network as WPA then use the WPA key, both listed on the label.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009