Help - Can't delete a file!

six-h 20:20 31 Jul 09

I,ve got a Photoshop "RAW8.bi" file (it's a plug in to handle RAW files) on my desktop where I put it after transferring it from another PC.
Tried all sorts to delete it, including removing the "Read Only" tag, but XP won't let it go!!
Any ideas?

InTheCity 20:23 31 Jul 09

use unlocker
click here

six-h 21:45 31 Jul 09

ThanksInTheCity, but just googling that software I found this: - click here :-(

Quiller. 21:48 31 Jul 09

Create a new blank folder and drop the "RAW8.bi" in it.

Then right click the new folder, drag it to my documents and then delete it.

InTheCity 21:51 31 Jul 09

delete the file and move on dude.Unless u wanna keep it

six-h 22:03 31 Jul 09

Dick Tattor:
Nice try, but it's breeding like rabbits.
Now I have two copies on my Desktop, and one in "My documents", they won't "Move", only "Copy", andnone will delete!
F'ing nightmare!!

skidzy 22:14 31 Jul 09

Hi Six-h

File Assassin should do the job for you,easy and straight forward to use.click here

If this fails,let us know as we have other methods.

One simple method that may work for you, is to boot into safemode and delete the file.

rdave13 22:38 31 Jul 09

What the bleeping heck are you doing to your PC?
Newly formatted and more problems..
Simple life means reinstall programs. If you have programs with licences then reinstall the program. If not available then tough. Don't you think?
Transferring a program from one PC to another one will create problems similar to the ones you had on your original hdd on the PC that you needed a new hard drive for.
If you follow my reasoning.
I'm absolutely tired now..need a dark cave to 'levitate to a 'higher' place'.

six-h 23:03 31 Jul 09

rdave13 Ha Ha!! before you bed down in your cave, I've already made a pigs mammaries of setting up a network and knocked out my main PC, so I'm struggling big time on all fronts.
I've not copied PSE5 from the other computer, I have it on disk, what I've copied over was just a downloaded plug in for handling RAW files from my camera.
Talking of tired, I worked on this from 9am Saturday right through the night until 5am Monday.
and have had max 5hrs sleep each night since, so your cave sounds inviting!!
Surprised there's no one around that can sort my networking woes though. My thread on that subject has drawn few ideas.
You're welcome to contribute:-)
skidzy, thank god for something positive!, I'll try Safe Mode first.

rdave13 23:33 31 Jul 09

I can't think, honestly, why you get to so much pickle with your stuff? Now I'm not being facetious or in anyway 'superior'. It's just , to me, you seem to make problems for your self through 'involuntary' actions.......
Ummm thinking about it I would definitely class you as one of life's 'happy go lucky' type and will eventually get there. 'Eventually' is the operative word. :)
I enjoy your posts but sometimes leave me exhausted through not getting advice through to you.
Everything is loooooong drawn out.
Friends then?

beeuuem 00:01 01 Aug 09

During the install of Unlocker you are given the option to install the eBay shortcut. Untick the relevant box and eBay shortcut is not installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…