Help! Cannot Start Windows Xp

livewire 13:13 23 Jun 04

Disaster has struck!

I cannot boot into Windows XP anymore! as soon as I turn my Evesham computer on the Windows splash appears as normal and then the screen goes black and the computer stays with a black screen with increasing Hard Disk activity until the computer stops and reboots again. And the process repeats its self in infinite.

Previously I had this error click here
Which I fixed by entering the recovery console, I booted into Windows XP successfully and everything appeared to be fine- I Scanned the disk with chkdsk, Norton Disk Doctor, scanned for viruses and spyware. Nothing was reported as wrong or bad in the system and it all responded perfectly. However, when I shut down and rebooted my machine I experienced the error above where it continuously reboots after the splash screen.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? The System is 6 months old and under Evesham’s Warranty. I have thought about booting into Bart PE environment and take a look at the disk later, but otherwise I’m stumped. Even when I try to boot to safe mode the computer lists all the drivers it has loaded as normal then the screen goes back and reboots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have important coursework I need to type!

Please, if anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful!

Thanks

VoG II 13:16 23 Jun 04
  Old Shep 13:16 23 Jun 04

Have you tried putting your xp disk in/rebooting and selecting Last Good Configuration or something like that.

livewire 13:23 23 Jun 04

VoG,

I can get into the recovery console- however it asks for an administrator password- which I have never set. I cant get past this password box and therefore cant get into the recovery console. :(

Old shep,

Yes, I have tried all of the options in the boot up screen including last good configuration but to no avail.

:(

VoG, thanks for finding click here

That is exactly the error I am expierencing.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for your help!

Old Shep 13:36 23 Jun 04

If you have never set a password pressing enter sgould bypass that screen.

livewire 15:26 23 Jun 04

Yes, in theory It should- but Im not sure thats the case with An OEM edition (Though I'm not sure). Im hoping I can simpily use Bart PE to get into my C:\ folder and make and see the status of my system and then restore kernel32.dll

I'm hoping this will work- but im not sure... :(

Thanks for your help so far!

livewire 17:14 23 Jun 04

Sadly, The PE builder didnt work at all :(

woodchip 17:22 23 Jun 04

oem is just the same, it is a full xp cd

livewire 17:57 23 Jun 04

Help!

Just phoned Evesham- They say they wont do anything about it unless I rePartition! However, I have my years worth of coursework on HDD, and If I lose that Im done for!

What can I possibly do to get my data back? the HDD itself is fine, perfect no problems. Its just Windows itself that wont work. Is there anyway at all to get my data back?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…