Help with buying the right HDD

Pcloe 00:30 11 Feb 03

Hi, can you advise on the right HDD

Seagate Barracuda 80Gb 7200rpm UDMA100 Hard Drive - OEM

I am after an IDE HDD is that the right one ?

Thanks..

Ironman556 00:38 11 Feb 03

I'm not sure if it's IDE, but I've been very impressed with Seagate, my new drive runs almost silently, and the technical support is great, stick with them.

DieSse 01:02 11 Feb 03

Yes, it's IDE, if that's your question.

I use almost exclusively Seagate drives, and am very pleased with the way they perform.

However, there are issues about your existing system regarding whether it can handle the whole capacity of the drive, whether you have the correct cable, etc, etc. Post again or search the threads for more details.

two00lbwaster 01:09 11 Feb 03

yes udma drives are ide devices

spuds 01:18 11 Feb 03

If you are purchasing, check the warranty.Most older stock have 3 years cover, but most if not all manufacturers are reducing warranty cover to 1 year only now.

Ironman556 22:01 11 Feb 03

I don't know if you've put another post, or searched the forum's on this, but my BIOS will only recognise a 32gb drive max. My 60Gb Seagate drive has a limiter as one of the jumper settings, which limit's its reported size to 32gb. The Seagate installation software will put some software onto your computer if it needs it, and you should then be able to use the full capacity in Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…