Help with buying my grandsons laptop please

jeandavies 19:23 15 Aug 08

Hello there. I have found your website today after being totally confused by one of the computer wizzkids in PC world. My grandson will be getting his GCSE results next week and I would like to buy him a laptop for all his hard work. I have found one on the Tesco website for £399. Its called an ACER ASPIRE 2920. What I need to know is if he will be able to play his games on this. I bought him Rome Total War and World of Warcraft which he plays on his Mums computer but will the laptop be able to manage these games as its much smaller. Thank you in advance for your help which is very much appreciated.

bobbybluenose 19:55 15 Aug 08

nannyknowsbest your grandson will not have a problem playing his games on this product,

jeandavies 20:21 15 Aug 08

thank you bobbybluenose ive had another look on tesco direct and there are 3 others which are the same price - could I ask one other question of you please - which would be the best out of these?

Toshiba Satelitte A200-1YO
Dell Studio 17
or
Fujitsu Siemans Amilo Li 2735 which says it has 3GB but the man at PC World said I would only get 2GB for under £400 but surely 3GB is better?

Thanks again for your time - its very confusing - I was happy with some sweets when i got a good school report!!!

bobbybluenose 20:42 15 Aug 08

nannyknowsbest having looked at all the products you have listed,my opinion would be to go for the bigger 3GB but before you make a decision, have a good look around you will probably find a better deal on the web

citadel 21:43 15 Aug 08

these laptops are not very good for games as they have onboard graphics, some games may run better than others. gaming laptops are expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…