Help burning dvd

ChloeBabaKiki 01:10 13 Dec 07

Hi,

I have made some video’s of my dogs on windows movie maker. I have saved them on my laptop and have been able to play them & upload them onto you tube ok.
I would like to burn the videos onto a disc so that I can send them to my friend for her to watch on her dvd player ( she does not have a computer ).

Can anyone advise me how to do this please?

My laptop is windows XP.

Danielle

MAJ 01:32 13 Dec 07

In what file format have you saved the videos, ChloeBabaKiki (avi, etc), and what burning software do you have installed?

MCE2K5 01:35 13 Dec 07

DVDFlick, click here

Features, click here

Download Guide (Instructions), click here

ChloeBabaKiki 03:57 13 Dec 07

My videos weremade on windows movie maker & saved as windows media /audio video file.

I didnt have any dvd burning software... I downloaded the dvd flick, I managed to get my videos on there & went through the create dvd part. Then It said finished, bit confusing as it's not finished... the videos are still on my pc and not on a dvd.

jack 09:12 13 Dec 07

Well to confuse your more here is another FREE DVD burning program reckoned to be the best.
CDBurnerXP Pro -[Ignore the CD bit - it does handle DVD's - which the Windoze built in burner does not]

Install it and follow the prompts.
Movie DVD can be long winded in the construction and building of the image.

Not wishing to put you off but to illustrate a 20 minute slide movie I made of a trip - took over 8 hours to build and burn, with something in the order of 500,000 frames.
Best thing to do is to set it going before you go to bed and hope it has done when you get up.

jbaker65 09:33 13 Dec 07

AVS video converter will take your files and burn them straight to DVD quite quickly. You can download and try free and if you like it, it is reasonably priced. (click here )

eedcam 09:47 13 Dec 07

Note if you made them on moviemaker to get the best quality you shoud have saved them as DV-avi
Or at the least chosen High quality video Pal
Either will burn with Flick no problem
You possibly did'nt set Flick up correct .when you open it you need to open Project Settings and in the panel click on burning then make sure you have ticked the Burn to disc button. If you dont set that as default you need to do it every time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…