help on building new PC

rich5312 23:40 26 Mar 04

I am thinking of building a new PC and i am in need for some advice. I currently have a intel pentium 4 1.7Ghz system and will be building an AMD based computer, i wish to transfere some components such as graphics card cd/dvd rom. I also wish to use my current hardrive as this already has windows xp on it will it accept it as its been running on an intel based system etc etc...
any help would be apreciated

thank you

marcsozzie 23:45 26 Mar 04

hi..just done exactly as you plan, the easy/best option is to transfer files onto cd/dvd..then buy a new faster hard drive ..load xp and then transfer data..that is i think the solution as my prev system exactly same speed as yours and now running amd 2800 and boy do u notice difference

gudgulf 23:48 26 Mar 04

You really ought to format and reinstall from scratch ----transfering a hard drive with an existing operating system to what is in effect an entirely different pc is fraught with problems. Windows may well detect that it has been moved to the new pc and refuse to boot,for example---and even if it does all the old system drivers are lying in wait to confuse and disrupt the new machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…