HELP! BT Voyager 2110 &Toshiba Equium Wirelessly

Udva 20:57 07 Jan 06

I have connected my BT Voyager 2110 adsl router, and my hardwired desktop is working fine.

However, when trying to connect my laptop wirelessly - it will not find the connection. I have tried opening internet explorer and entering 'voyager.home' but i keep getting an error message 'internet Explorer could not open the search page'.
The Toshiba laptop has an Atheros AR5005G wireless network adapter internally.

I don't know where to go from here - any suggestions ?

Diodorus Siculus 21:27 07 Jan 06

Are you sure that the wireless adaptor is switched on?

Diodorus Siculus 21:27 07 Jan 06

On the laptop I mean?

Udva 21:32 07 Jan 06

Hi - thanks for the response - I am not too sure as it is inbuilt into the laptop - do you know how to check that it is switched on ? The wireless switch on the laptop is definitely on.

Diodorus Siculus 21:46 07 Jan 06

In that case it is probably on - is there a sign for an antenna lit up? Like a Y

Try going into start, network connections, wireless and tell it to scan for a wireless connection.

Udva 21:58 07 Jan 06

Hi again - i have gone into network connections and there is the antenna Y type sign, but it has a big red cross and says 'wireless network connection not connected'. I have gone into view available networks and refreshed - but still no good.

How do i scan for a wireless connection ??
Thanks!

Diodorus Siculus 22:33 07 Jan 06

[quote]view available networks and refreshed[/quote]

That's what I meant about scanning for a connection.

When I mentioned the Y sign, I meant a physical light on the laptop - you know, like the one that says that your caps lock is on.

Does the device manager mention a wireless adaptor?

Udva 23:48 07 Jan 06

Hi - yes a physical light is on the laptop( the wireless button is definitely on).

The device manager does mention the wireless adaptor.

mgmcc 08:34 08 Jan 06

As your desktop with a "wired" connection is working, go into the router's Setup pages with that computer and, if there is an option to toggle broadcasting of its SSID Off/On, make sure it is set to 'On' so that the router is visible when your laptop scans for Available Networks..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…