help with bt voyager 2100

yellows 22:27 16 Oct 05

please if anyone can help i would be grateful. i bought the bt voyager 2100 router which has a built in adsl modem. i also bought a wireless card for my laptop and a usb wireles adapter for my desktop. i uninstalled all previuos software for my old modem. connected up the voyagerto the mains and put it into phone line with no probs. then instlaled the notebook adapter with no trouble. the connection was found. the next step in my router manual told me to start my internet browser to go to the bt voyager 2100 configuration manager to enter my username and password. i cant get on the internet at all. please anyone got any ideas? my internet provider is bt yahoo and im running windows xp.

PaulB2005 22:36 16 Oct 05

Did you enter the Configuration Manager at all?

Did you enter the information correctly?

yellows 22:46 16 Oct 05

to get to the configuration screen you have to be online and i just cant get connected although the wireless network is working between my router and laptop. i have had to install my old modem to get online.

Forum Editor 22:49 16 Oct 05

that you don't need to be on the internet to access the router's configuration pages - they are stored in the router's firmware.

Make sure the router is turned on, is connected to the computer via the yellow cable supplied, and is connected to your ADSL phone line - then launch Internet Explorer and type this into the address bar, exactly as you see it here:-

voyager.home

Or type this:

now press the enter key on your keyboard.

yellows 23:12 16 Oct 05

ok thanks i will give it a go.

yellows 23:00 17 Oct 05

just wanted to say thank you very much. router is working fine.

Forum Editor 00:02 18 Oct 05

That's good news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…