Help with BT option 1 please

bof:) 12:01 21 Jun 06

Hi all, a friend has just rung me to say can I come and put AVG etc on his pc because he has signd up for BT option1 broadband.

I've checked on the BT website and it says 'basic security package'.

click here

Option 2 says Nortons package.

What I would like to know is:

1. does option 1 have a firewall?
2. How good is the virus checker?

3. Is it safe to install addaware , spybot s&d and spyware blaster or will that cause problems with the BT security programs.

Thankyou,

Mike

scotmax 12:17 21 Jun 06

If it is of help to you, I am on Bt Broadband and run Zonealarm, Antivira, spybot, adware. With no problems.

Tom

bof:) 12:43 21 Jun 06

Hi Tom thanks for that, I've not heard of Antivira at all, I'm assuming its an antivirus program.

I was concerned that BT Option1's basic security was a virus checker because as far as I'm aware its a no-no to have 2 virus checkers actually running at the same time on a pc.

Thanks for your help, Mike

bof:) 12:52 21 Jun 06

Hi all, just spoke directly to BT who inform me there is no antivirus program with option1. If you want protection, you have to buy the protection package. So, it seems I can put AVG on my friends pc for him.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…