Help with BT Broadband Please

9666 21:03 10 Feb 07

Dear Forum, I am trying to help my father to set up his new BT Broadband connection. Using an Ethernet connection into my Xp Laptop the connection works fine. Problem is my father uses an elderly tower PC Running Win 98 SE with a PIII processor with 127 Mb RAM. It used to work quite happily with a BT Voyager 205 ADSL router going in via a USB connection before switching over to BB but the only advice that I can get from BT is that there must be a fault with the PC! Does anybody know what the minimum spec is to run BTs BB as I am beginning to suspect that this may be the issue. BTs help desk could (would?) not tell me what the minimum spec required was. Any help, advice or guidance greatly appreciated, Brian Pipe.

surfmonkey #:@}© 21:07 10 Feb 07

ask bt for a ma code and go somewhere else ie tiscali

surfmonkey #:@}© 21:07 10 Feb 07

ma = mac

beeuuem 21:21 10 Feb 07

From click here

Your computer must have
Pentium II 200Mhz (or equivalent) or above
128MB RAM

CD-ROM drive

USB or Ethernet port

150 MB available hard disk

A compatible Operating System
Operating systems supported:

Windows 98SE

Windows 2000

Windows Me

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Hope this helps.

p;3 21:24 10 Feb 07

I am on win 98se BT.BB with an ADSL voyager modem via a usb connection; I have 512 MB Ram; I stand to be corrected but I think your computer's specs are a tad too small for the bb

there is nowt wrong with win98se and, from what i can understand, my RAM is the largest win 98se can handle ; I have no problems with the BB connection nor the speed

I also have an AMD athlon processor XP 2400++ which I understand is pretty good

??does this help?

yaesu 22:13 10 Feb 07

Hi , have a look here click here
where it tells you what you need as min equipment. Hope this helps. Regards yaesu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now