Help! Broadband Bother!

Singerz 11:36 28 Nov 03

I've just had broadband connected on my pc. Its great on downloads etc but when I load a game to play online, my pings are terrible, worse than with my normal 56k modem.

Any ideas?

tenplus1 11:38 28 Nov 03

Mayb ethe server's for that particular game are busy, so you will probably get slow ping times...

Singerz 11:42 28 Nov 03

Thanks tenplus1 but its not just one particular game, its any game.

Giggle n' Bits 15:02 28 Nov 03

Are the games all from the same website ?

games are they? any software running? firewall at all ? what spec is your computer? what is your isp?

Ivor_Monkey 15:07 28 Nov 03

don't you need to change settings in the games/options to show that you are using BB?

Look at internet options and tick never dial.

Singerz 16:09 28 Nov 03

Yes I'm running XP on a P4 2.6 processor, 60gig HDD, 1024mb RAM and 128mb ddr Geforce 4800Ti graphics card. The game is IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles (Flight Sim). I play them on 2 different websites. No other software running except the firewall with Norton Internet Security 2003. ISP is DataComms Europe.

Jester2K II 16:12 28 Nov 03

Try a differnet server. Some servers are slower than others...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…