Help! Blank Screenshot in my Norton IS 2005

betina 22:35 09 Dec 06

Hello guy's idiot on board here!! i would be very grateful for your advice regarding a recent prob with my Norton IS 2005, all working fine, but i decided to go into the Antispam window and double click the blocked list setting(i wished to remove an email address) i was then confronted with a blank white screen and after which my pc hangs and i have to shut windows down to get rid. This is the point where i am a little out of my depth being a newbee and may need your help to point me in the right direction. I proceeded to go into Internet Options(IE7 a recent download),Browsing History , clicked on Settings,View Objects, and then clicked on all my symantec active x files and several of them under the "dependancy tab" states "Damaged" would this have anything to do with my blank screen?? My next move was to right click update but nothing happened and i,m not sure if i am off in the proper direction however as i was looking at these files i decided to checkout others and my java runtime have exclamation marks(!) beside them and my microsoft template and media also has "Damaged" beside it under Dependency Tab. I also tried update here with same results!! as i never noticed these errors in the past i am puzzled as to the reason and what to do to correct it and would be grateful for any advise even if it is just to tell me i am way of track. I do apoligise for my untechie post but if you don,t ask you never learn. Please be gentle it is Xmas after all hugs all round
betina

betina 15:14 12 Dec 06

Betina here again

Is there nobody!!!! out there able to help this poor wee newbee with "at least" a little bit of an idea as to solve her screenshot issue. Perhaps it's just a Xmas thing (too many xmas party's!) Have tried symantec but they must been in party mode also,i was told pc advisor forum was great for us poor wee newbee's so pleeeeese!! gees! a clue "i promise to be a good girl and give lots of pressies to all my loved one's" and i may even take out a "Pc Advisor" magazine subscription

Have a nice Xmas
betina

squillary 17:31 12 Dec 06

Sounds like you have a few problems - none of them good.

I've scouted around and it seems there isn't a better solution than uninstalling and reinstalling.

The closest page of advice I could find was this - click here

For uninstalling click here

For problems with uninstall click here

betina 20:00 12 Dec 06

Yippee!!Hiya squillary Many Thanks!!! for your much appreciated help and assistance, i did perhaps think i may have to uninstall and reinstall my NI Security 2005, it had come bundled with my Packard Bell pc and when the 3 month trial ran out i decided to renew the license which runs until May 2007. I decided i might change to AVG and Zonealarm when that license runs out(being a true scot i like to get my money's worth lol, so i may just uninstall and reinstall my NIS) your links were super and seem reasonably easy to follow even for me lol, so if all goes well i may!!! be back having a look see here for lots more sound advice. Many thanks and a big Xmassy hug!!!

from Betina

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac