HELP belkin router

jopie1904 19:22 13 Aug 06

I recently bought a Belkin router so I can have wireless internet on my laptop. It already has wifi so no adapter needed.
I followed all instructions before linking the router to my main pc. (the one with the internet connection.)All the right lights went on, but when he's searching for an internet connection he can't find it. Does anybody know what the trouble might be? We tried anything. We checked IP adress, DNS, Ethernet adapter EVERYTHING. I don't know what the problem could be. If anybody can help me I'd be much obliged.

mgmcc 20:10 13 Aug 06

<<< I followed all instructions before linking the router to my main pc. (the one with the internet connection.) >>>

When you use a router, *NONE* of the computers should have an internet connection. It is the *ROUTER'S* function to connect to the ISP and it then "routes" the internet traffic to the appropriate computer in the network, each of which gets its internet access from the router.

If you have ADSL broadband, you should be using a combined "Router & ADSL Modem" which replaces the USB modem you may have been using.

If you have Cable broadband (NTL/Telewest) you use a "Cable/DSL" router whose WAN port connects by ethernet cable to the Cable Modem supplied by the ISP.

ade.h 20:15 13 Aug 06

You don't mention your OS, wifi adapter type (and method of management), type/model of Belkin router, or even whether you use a firewall on the affected client. All are relevant, so it would be good if you could fill us on these.

((And don't forget that there is a Networking section... click here))

Daibus 20:34 13 Aug 06

I recently had a problem with my Belkin A/P so I sent an email to them and they replied within 24hrs.
I was then was able to get the problem sorted out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…