help for belkin powerline solution

omonoia 20:13 PM 22 Oct 11

hello.

recently i bought belkin powerline solution and for some reason they give to my computer another IP adrees as my provider gives and the pc cant go to the internet.

What i have to do?

mgmcc 20:39 PM 23 Oct 11

We need a bit more detail. Normally, if you use a router, the router gets the IP address allocated by your ISP and it in turn allocates addresses to computers connected to it using one of the ranges reserved for Local Area Networks, most commonly 192.168.x.x addresses.

What IP address does your computer have?

omonoia 20:45 PM 23 Oct 11

If i connect direct pc and router from the internet provider i have ip 192 and works perfectly but if i connect the belkins the computer gives me 213 ip and unable to connect

mgmcc 20:55 PM 23 Oct 11

Presumably you're connecting one of the Powerline adapters to the router? If so, the PC should still be getting a 192.168.x.x address.

Saying that the computer has a "213" IP address is meaningless, you need to post all four octets of the address.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay