help with Belkin high speed wireless G network ad

simmy3232 22:29 16 Jan 06

Problem with this network adaptor model f5d7051 is that the software would not load correctly onto windows 98 (OK with similar computer loaded with XP). Device manger indicates there is a problem with the driver (driver name appears with a cross by it) and does not detect the adapter. The installation miss-loads a file I think. Trying to enable the driver, rebooting only results in this driver error changing from a cross to a yellow circle. What can I do????

ed-0 22:38 16 Jan 06

I had a problem with this usb WiFi adapter with 98se.

Setting the installation disk to run with the belkin utility was useless.

I deleted the software and un-installed it from device manager. I then rebooted put the disk in and exited the installation. I then plugged in the usb device. Windows found new hardware poped up. I then picked the install from a location. I picked the path to the cdrom.

It loaded the drivers and not the utility. It asked for a reboot.

I clicked on IE and it found the router first time.

Working fine.

simmy3232 00:03 17 Jan 06

Thanks....I tried this but no luck. The files install, then, when updating the driver database, I get the message that the programme had a fault with NDINST.exe. The computer then goes through the same problem as I started with. Can anyone else help at all please??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced