Help with belkin

Daiol 17:41 10 Jul 06

Hi,Just got a belkin F5D7633 adsl modem,went to install it but when i got to the configure part nothing came up on screen it states to go to the 192.168.2.1 using my browser but i failed as there was no internet connection then i looked further into the matter it was asking for my
ip address i knew that.
subnet mask No.
default gateway
preffered dns server
allternative dns server.
where will i find all these numbers please help i'm back on the speedtouch 330 to get this sorted i hope.Help.

Fingees 19:50 10 Jul 06

if you put 192.168..2.1 into the address bar of your browser, it will take you to the set up page of your router/modem.At this point you do not need to be connected to the internet.

You may find as I did, that having used a speedtouch, that the modem will pick up the BB signals, from the telephone line,and automatically set it up.
thats what happened to mine.

I have forgottenhow, but if you access the speedtouch setup , you can read out any settings required, if the belkin chooses not to do it itself.

ade.h 20:40 10 Jul 06

"You may find as I did, that having used a speedtouch, that the modem will pick up the BB signals, from the telephone line,and automatically set it up.
thats what happened to mine."

No. That's a Speedtouch thing.

All the IPs should be provided by your ISP. The default gateway is 255.255.255.0 or 255.0.0.0 and the rest is unique.

This belongs in Networking, by the way.

Daiol 07:50 11 Jul 06

thanks for your help,so what you are saying that the ip adress is the one that wanadoo gave me nothing to do with the belkins 192's etc,and what about the preffered DNS server what do i enter there.I will get there eventually i hope i will be looking into it all again later on today thanks once again.
ps.how does one enter a screenshot or a web adress into this msg you see sometimes [click here] and it takes you to another page etc.Thanx.

Fingees 13:17 11 Jul 06

No. That's a Speedtouch thing.

Well my Belkin picked it up OK, i didn't have to enter anything. Just had to pick the security encryption I wanted to use.

ade.h 18:13 11 Jul 06

Fingees - that would be wizard-based setup, I assume?

I don't use that; prefer the manual method.

Daiol - the 192 octet is used by the router to assign IPs around the network clients - based on a range - and the first address in that range is reserved for the router itself.

Daiol 07:53 12 Jul 06

well thanks very much for all your help,i did manage to configure it out at last,but i came accross another hitch the adsl led light did a few flashes as it should but eventually it went off and stayed off,yet when i connect back to my speedtouch theres no problem atall with the connection from the adsl connector hense proving that there is no fault with the bt line.Could it be a faulty router or what.????????? Help.Thanks very much again.

Daiol 16:46 12 Jul 06

Its all sorted it was a dickie router had a replacement now everything is okay i hope.Thanks very much for all your support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…