help-beginning dump of physical memory

atc 20:44 04 May 06

over the last week this message comes up.
beginning dump of physical memory

and these numbers

0x00000077
0x000000e
0x00000000
0x071262000

what does this mean and how do you fix the problem

remind 21:17 04 May 06

you need to give more information

windows version, hardware, antivirus software, what you are/were doing when it happened

atc 21:45 04 May 06

xp home sp2 version 2002
hardware-pentium 4 2.8ghz 1gb of ram

antivirus-nortons+firewall-the one with btyahoo.

When this happens i was on the net click a page i thing it maybe my home page and it was taken ages then the blue screen came on with the above fault.

Hope this will help

The last thing to be done on the pc are
1) home network
2) norton antivirus from bt
3) limewire

remind 21:51 04 May 06

ditch limewire, or stop it running at startup (it will do so unless you go into options and uncheck the relevant box)
iefix click here

blue screens are often hardware problems in XP, so that may not fix anything - it's just a start

XP system file check
start menu/run, type `sfc /scannow` and have your XP CD handy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:24 04 May 06

0x00000077 click here

atc 23:02 04 May 06

turned off limewire at startup

iefit-my browsers is btyahoo not IE. Ran it anyway my xp is loaded on drive "D" when i looked for the file after apply the program on the d drive could not find it. Then i canceled the program and completed came up

ran sfc/scannow - went through checking windows after it finished nothing came up

Dont know if you want to try something else or seewhat happens

johnnyrocker 23:07 04 May 06

is the lack of a gap between sfc and/ a typo or is that what you ran? and if it was it would be useless, must have the gap

johnny.

remind 23:27 04 May 06

btyahoo browser is just a skin to Internet Explorer (plus tabbed browsing I was surprised to note when i discovered it recently) - you are still using IE as your basic browser.
johnnyrocker makes a valid point the command should be

sfc /scannow

The command is SFC, the parameter is /scannow, there must be a space between the two

remind 23:32 04 May 06

Re-reading your post, you have run SFC successfully.
Complete scan with your AV software as per Fruitbat's post , complete scan with some anti-spyware software (click here spywareblaster - install it regardless, spybot or ewido recommended additionally)

skidzy 23:50 04 May 06

Ewido link click here as Remind suggests its very good and safe.
Maybe trying MS Defender also click here
Spybot Search and Destroy click here
Adaware click here
Also running these will help tidy your system.
click here
click here

Running these will give your system a good clean up,followed with this click here and reboot

atc 09:41 06 May 06

thanks for everyone who helped. I run always run spyware/AV software a lest once a week but i forget about malware. I got rid of 50+ malware items. The pc tidy up links also came in handy as i was looking for something to tidy up the pc. The pc now running faster and the blue screen has not came back up. If it does i'll open a new thred.

thanks again

ATC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…