HELP! Basic Networking - RJ45

xoxohana 18:07 23 Sep 05

Basically, I'm trying to set up a link between my PC and Laptop so I can shift about 5GB worth of files from the PC to the Laptop using a crossover RJ45 cable. Plugged it in and set up the Networking Wizard (both computers run on Windows XP), on the Laptop, I can see that both computers show up in the same Workgroup but when I try to access the files on the PC icon, it won't let me access it, telling me that I don't have access to use the network resource etc etc... and the network path isn't found. Firewalls have been turned off and administrator status is on both computers.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me establish a network between these 2 computers as it shouldn't be difficult to do but I'm struggling!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 23 Sep 05

Have you set the folders to be shared?

My computer right click the folder select properties then the sharing tab.

xoxohana 18:59 23 Sep 05

Yes definitely. Iv got the connection going on both now..the laptop shows up itself in the workgroup computers but the PC wont even let me access it, claiming that I need administrative permission, but I am the administrator! oohh....

mgmcc 20:13 23 Sep 05

See if this page helps - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…