Help backing up registry

wesparmalee 17:55 27 Apr 07

I've recently downloaded a program called TCP Optimizer to help me improve my broadband speeds.It changes the computer registry each time changes are made, and gives you the option to save these registry back ups.I now have 4 registry backup files on my desktop, the question i have is how do i now apply these back ups?When i click on these files it tells me that they are unknown file types.It gives me the usual option to choose a program to open them.I opened them using the TCP optimizer program, but how do i now use them to back up the registry to it's original state?I know this is probably simple, but i'm lost.Thanks in advance.

Technotiger 17:57 27 Apr 07

Hi, the best way to back-up the registry, is quite simply to create a new Restore point in System Restore. Then very easy to restore if necessary.

Technotiger 17:58 27 Apr 07

Sorry, should have asked - but I am assuming you are using XP.

wesparmalee 18:00 27 Apr 07

Can i simply restore to a time before i altered the registry with this program, like yesterday?

Technotiger 18:23 27 Apr 07

That depends on whether yesterdays date is shown in BOLD print when you go to System Restore. Or you can restore to any earlier date which is shown in BOLD print.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…