Help with AVG / Outlook Exprees

Blott 08:24 30 Mar 05

Just purchased new compter and all seemed well. Installed my AVG Pro withouth any apparent problems.

However - it now seems that I cannot send some e-mails. Some (but not all) are being returned with the following message :-

This is the AVG E-mail Scanner Program

I'm sorry to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
-------------------------------------
Host 'smpt.freeserve.com' not found
-------------------------------------

I can't see any common features in the addresses that are getting returned.

Any suggestions, please ?

Regards
Blott

stlucia 08:37 30 Mar 05

There was a problem like this with AVG 7 free version a few weeks ago. The only solution seemed to be to disable the email scanning function. I've been away a couple of weeks -- maybe there's been a fix during that time.

In my case I found that most of the emails which were reported undeliverable had in fact been delivered.

colberly 08:57 30 Mar 05

Shouldn't it be SMTP? and not SMPT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:52 30 Mar 05

AVG E MAIL SCANNER SETUP

click here

Blott 13:20 30 Mar 05

Fruitbat

Many thanks but your link does not work - could you update please ?

Regards
Blott

colberly 13:30 30 Mar 05
  Blott 16:35 04 Apr 05

Thanks to all for responses on the above.

I read all, considered carefully, checked links, made notes, and then went to bed prepared for a busy few hours solving the problem.

Got up in the morning - and problem had gone - all working well and as normal. AVG says it's fine, scanned, no viruses, Pest Patrol no reports.

In short - it must have fixed itself, as I certainly did "noooooooting".

Best Regards to all
Blott

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…