Help appreciated- Outlook express hangs on "send"

Griffon 12:06 11 Oct 03

We have an occassional but increasingly frequent problem with outlook express stopping and not responding when the send button is pressed. The only way out is to alt-cntr-del after which the pc asks whether to send the message in the outbox yes or no. Pressing yes does send the e-mail and then the application closes. Bit of a pain really!! This is on a ~750 MHz, Evesham pc with windows 98 SE and dial-up to Tesco's ISP.

Keith 14:24 11 Oct 03

Sounds like OE has corrupt files. Use Control panel > Add/Remove programs to do uninstall and then re-install OE. Make a note of your Account settings in OE first (Tools/Accounts). Worth a try. Keith

Griffon 07:24 13 Oct 03

.... we'll give that a try.

wee eddie 22:46 13 Oct 03

Do you have a big message in the Out Box

Are you running an Anti Virus/Fire Wall?

Could some visitor be sending a message?

Griffon 22:55 13 Oct 03

No, to the first question and yes to the second, McAfee antivirus software. Could this do it?

wee eddie 20:21 14 Oct 03

If someone has tried to send you a couple of uncompressed holiday photos.

One can appear to be downloading for hours.

Literally that if they are a couple of Mgs each.

Griffon 20:41 14 Oct 03

Yes, I see what you mean. It's an intermittent problem, occuring say one time in each 5 or 10 times we send an e-mail, and I've never correlated it with incoming e-mails - but then I've not been focused on that. Mmmm ... worth looking out to see if that's the problem.

wee eddie 22:53 14 Oct 03

check outgoing e-mails.

The time taken to do this, may be the cause for the long (perceived) delay.

Lionheart ♥ 23:28 14 Oct 03

Can you not log-on to Tesco's web mail service and check to see what emails you are receiving.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…