Help with anti-virus stuff

tarabear 14:20 03 Nov 03

Hi, I'm pretty useless with computers and have an old laptop - Dell. I've stupidly let my Virus packages expire. I used to have Norton and desperately need to update. I think I might have a virus as my systems moving at slower than snails pace now. Can anyone recommend an anti virus package that I can download from the Internet?

Also, any tips on speeding the old machine up?

Thanks, I'll keep checking in incase you need more info.

Tara

Taff36 14:29 03 Nov 03

AVG - Recommended by a lot of members, myself included

click here

rawprawn 14:51 03 Nov 03

click here I find Avast excellent & I have tried both, I ran AVG for about 18 months but I now stick with Avast. It's free like AVG

beeuuem 14:53 03 Nov 03

This link click here some useful links and shows the differing views of the various programmes.

I use AVG free edition from click here and Outpost v1 free from
click here
To supplement these you can use AdAware from click here Spyblaster from click here and/or Spybot from click here to stop or remove spyware cookies.

All these are free and give more than adequate protection for a home PC.

i

spuds 20:52 03 Nov 03

Make sure that you completely un-install Norton, then change to AVG, plus install spywares as per beeuuem links.Then you should have a good security system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…