Help with Android tablet 3.1

kimtrnc 12:17 PM 04 Feb 12

Sorry if this is the wrong forum - couldn't seem to find one that deals with Android tablets....

Brand new to tablets: can anyone suggest a "proper" manual, or, more specifically at the moment, how can I get my tablet (Motorola Xoom)to talk me through whilst driving? I have the kit, and it seems to understand what i want, but just can't work out how to get verbal instructions.

TIA Kimig

Woolwell 14:16 PM 04 Feb 12

Assuming that you have the volume up then what app are you using to talk to you? Is it Google Maps or a satnav app?

kimtrnc 14:29 PM 04 Feb 12

Thanks for answering. I am using Google Maps. Only sound I seem to get, sometimes, is loud music. Almost certainly me not doing something I should be. My tablet is definitely supposed to have a facility for speech whilst travelling. NOT satnav.

Woolwell 14:40 PM 04 Feb 12

It's called turn by turn navigation. It should work. Sorry cannot work out what you are doing wrong.

kimtrnc 17:01 PM 04 Feb 12

Thanks for answering. I am using Google Maps. Only sound I seem to get, sometimes, is loud music. Almost certainly me not doing something I should be. My tablet is definitely supposed to have a facility for speech whilst travelling. NOT satnav.

T0SH 20:59 PM 04 Feb 12

Not all Android tablets are the same but some have a place in the Options menu where you can select options like "Voice input and output" or maybe even in the "Accessibility" section

The best place for help is to use some of the android forums try a Google search on "Motorola Zoom support forum" but do try to be carefull where you eventually go to there is a lot of nasty stuff out there

Cheers HC

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites