Help with AMD3200+

Philwane 13:24 14 Dec 04

Just fitted 1Gig Crucial 3200 DDR mem + AMD XP 3200+ to a Gigabyte GA7NNXP Motherboard.

When I fitted the AMD chip the computer would not boot it would not even light the monitor all I got was a single long beep which repeated about every 5sec's.

Looked in the motherboard book and it said "You must set CLK-SW to OFF when you use a FSB 200 MHz CPU"

The CLK-SW on my board was set to AUTO so I set it to OFF and the computer started without a hitch.

When I look at the CPU in Everest I see this

Field Value
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1100 MHz (11 x 100)

I also see this figure when first booting after Memory Test.
How do I get my 3200+ to run at its proper speed of 2.200

Belatucadrus 13:50 14 Dec 04

click here Gigabyte and AMD click here show the fsb on XP 3200+ as 400Mhz, which explains why it's running at the wrong speed with the CLK-SW set to OFF. But not why it wouldn't boot when on Auto. If the manual doesn't suggest any alternatives try Gigabyte click here

Philwane 14:50 14 Dec 04

Finally sorted it (with help from another source) apparently with this motherboard you have to set the CLK-SW to OFF then start the computer give it time to recognize the new CPU then Power Off and reset the CLK-SW to AUTO I am now running at 2.2Ghz
Thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…