help with alcohol 120%

vinalspin 19:18 27 Feb 08

upon advise i installed above program in order to use mame32 prog, after install and reboot nothing happened, shortcuts are there but nothing in the file locations, i now can't get rid of it from my system no matter what i do, i just says prog in use elsewhere, can't find it at all, please help!!!

Technotiger 19:23 27 Feb 08

Have you tried Start>Search then type in the name of the program, it should then show in the search window, if so, highlight and delete all instances of any connected files found.

vinalspin 19:34 27 Feb 08

will not let me delete any files at all, just says the action cannot be completed because the folder is open in another location, close folder and try again!
the shortcut on the desktop says the item is not longer located in C:\users\public\desktop, verify location and try again!

Technotiger 19:44 27 Feb 08

First run Ccleaner click here in its default opening settings.

Then try re-installing alcohol and then un-installing it again.

If you can get that far, then run Ccleaner again and re-boot your PC.

vinalspin 19:59 27 Feb 08

have done that, file still there in progs and so is shortcut, wont let me reinstall either

Technotiger 20:32 27 Feb 08

Hmm, perhaps in C: Program files, highlight the Alcohol folder, right-click and delete?

Technotiger 20:35 27 Feb 08

Or maybe try this ... click here

Les28 20:54 27 Feb 08

Maybe a service is running that needs stopping before uninstalling see here

click here

Also have a look here

click here

and here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…