help with ahci and sata

iqs 15:01 24 Jan 12

gigabyte mb ga-z68ap-d3

Hi, Originally my mb was set to ide for the sata hdd.I had already installed w7,and edited the registry to allow ahci to be changed in the bios I rebooted the PC,then changed the pch sata controller mode to ahci

There was a problem with the OS not being detected,then the OS booted. Both HDD are detected .

Problem, When the PC boots,the post/bios screen states the following,have I done something wrong ???

Serial ata sata version iSRC 1.20 E

This version only supports HDD and cdrom drives Please wait this will take a few seconds

Then it list the ports and what device is attached.

Is this normal??

Please any help is appreciated

KRONOS the First 15:59 24 Jan 12

This is quite spooky,I have just swapped my Asus P67 mobo for a Gigabyte P67 mobo, for no other reason I won it so I thought I would see if it was any better than the Asus. I had the exact same problem as you and it took a bios update to sort it. From the original F1 to the latest F3. The problem has gone.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:04 24 Jan 12

The "* This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives * Please wait. This will take few seconds. " message shows while the ICH is doing drive discovery, and checking whether any drives are assigned to RAID pairs; this is normal...

If you do not have raid or any ide drives attached then set to disabled

iqs 16:56 24 Jan 12

Thanks for th help Can I ask what is the ich,and what setting is it under in the bios please. I have 4 sat devices,no raid or IDE devices . Thank you

KRONOS the First 17:14 24 Jan 12

I think Fruit meant to put ACHI.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:22 24 Jan 12

I/O Controller Hub, an Intel Southbridge technology.

iqs 18:54 24 Jan 12

Thanks,the only option which deals with raid is extreme hard drive xhd,which is disabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…