Help after formatting

I have formatted my laptop but have lost 10GB Hard drive. I have looked in Disk management and it is there as unallocated. How do I 'put' it back into 'C'? Thanks.

dan11 18:50 11 Feb 05

It looks as if you have a partition of 10 gig, as well as your C drive. What drive letter is allocated to the 10gig if any.

If you have just re-installed the operating system, then you have missed out a step to merge the C drive to the 10 gig partition.

There is no letter there is just a box with a thick black line at the top which says 9.77 GB unallocated.

mattyc_92 19:01 11 Feb 05

You will need third party software such as Partition Magic for this...

Run the program and "resize" your windows partition... This can take up to 2 hours, depending upon how large your drive is and how much space has been used...

dan11 19:07 11 Feb 05

If you have just reformatted the hard drive and loaded XP. Then I would say the easiest and quickest way is to re-install again.

The C disk can be merged with the partition in the windows setup and would take a few seconds to merge and rebuild.

What is the total size of your hard drive? Do you want any partitions at all? I would recommend a small partition to have your paging file on.

If you want to go this way, then please let us know the total size of your hard drive and how much system ram you have installed.

Thanks for your help I have done it using PM. I have posted another thread if you can help with that too. Thanks.

dan11 22:07 11 Feb 05

Oh good. You have partition magic. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…