Help And Advise Needed

A Friend of mine has had a self built system for about 2 months now and he has been having some strange problems of late. He first noticed something was wrong when he left for work one day and left his PC on. When he came home in the evening the PC was off. Then a few days later, when the PC was off it automatically switched itself on. This has now happened on a number of different occassions.

Has anyone ever experienced similar problems to this, and can anyone suggest what could be wrong here, or what can be done to correct the problem?

MAJ 07:35 04 Feb 03

There is a setting in some BIOS' called "PWR On by Alarm" which will let a powered down PC start up automatically. Check the Motherboard manual for info on your particular motherboard.

I should have mentioned that Since yesterday, my friends PC will not switch on.

MAJ 08:00 04 Feb 03

I forgot to mention that there is also, in some BIOS' an option to wake up a PC from a "soft-off", it's called "PWR On by ring". The PC will waken up if there's an incoming call to the modem. These settings can be found in the Power Management section of the BIOS settings.

MAJ 08:02 04 Feb 03

Sorry didn't see your reply, The Clock Watcher. Is there any power going to the PC at all? Check fuses, cables etc.

no there's no power going to it at all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…