help and advise on html and all that !!!

drdeath 12:42 14 Mar 04

hello, i want to add a link on my e commerce website homepage, i know the html but im not sure how to implement this.Do i go into site admin then file manager??? im not too familar with ammending or adding text/images on website as this was done for me prior to me owning site.
i would very much like to add a few images and text on home page but dont know where to start??? help thanks in advance

Forum Editor 14:44 14 Mar 04

it would help to know what software was used to create the site - if you post a link to the site itself that will help.

To edite a normal site it's necessary to use some WYSIWYG software like DreamWeaver, NetObjects Fusion, or FrontPage, although of course if you're familiar with HTML you can do it in a text editor like Notepad. You'll need to upload the amended pages via an FPT application if you do it that way.

Let us have a bit more information and I'm sure we'll be able to help.

jgosden 16:59 14 Mar 04

FE is right , what software???

there is so much software around, please post a link to your site as it helps us see what you are trying to achieve!

drdeath 17:12 14 Mar 04

click here sorry guys im new to this thanks in advance

Forum Editor 17:39 14 Mar 04

From DPB UK - did they set the site up for you?

drdeath 19:23 14 Mar 04

yes fe basic site template was already set up for me but i did all the work on finding stock, suppliers etc and had input into site layout.

PurplePenny 19:33 14 Mar 04

I'm reasonably sure that the sites are based on
OsCommerce. Both your site and their own have the two tell-tales "Product Name+" and "Let's See What We Have Here" that I've seen on many OsC sites.

If so then I don't think that you can add a link through Admin > File Manager. I think that it only allows you to edit the file text. But I may be mis-remembering it so why don't you just give it a try?

PP

PurplePenny 19:35 14 Mar 04

Didn't DPB UK give you any instructions for further development of your site?

drdeath 20:01 14 Mar 04

yes dpbuk have been very helpful, im getting advice on developing site from them constantly, but to be honest i want to go on my own and start 'thinking' for myself to learn about html, and have the basic knowledge of running the site on my own without consulting dpbuk that often ( which ive been doing a lot of). ive been on website tutorials which give helpful info, but from time to time im going to need further advice
from dpbuk and of course you guys are always helpful, so any info on the above question would be appreciated. Ive also realised that my earlier forums could have mislead people into thinking i developed site from scratch.. for which i clearly didnt, however all the entering of stock details,
site layout etc was all my work and belive me it was hard work finding suppliers, controling prices etc, i apologise if i have mislead anyone into beliveing site was developed from scratch by myself.

PurplePenny 20:53 14 Mar 04

Have you tried doing it through Admin>File manager?

PP

PurplePenny 23:32 17 Mar 04

BTW - did you manage to get rid of the gender question from the customer registration?

PP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…