Help and advice regarding my A Squared scan result

betina 15:38 24 Mar 07

Hi guy's would love a little advice regarding my A Squared result this morning. I recently downloaded and installed the latest update for my BT Desktop Help but when i did all my security scan's (all others were clean!!!) my A Squared flagged up the following "Riskware" Risktool.W32.Pskill.1101. My problem now, "is this something i should be concerned about? and would it be prudent to take measures to remove this?" I would appreciate very much your help and advice

sunny staines 15:53 24 Mar 07

click here

hope this helps.

p;3 17:10 24 Mar 07

why not run an update now and see if it is still there?

mine runs clear

p;3 17:11 24 Mar 07

meant update, and run a full scan and see if that cures it

betina 10:49 25 Mar 07

Many Thanks Guys,

Your help and assistance was most appreciated. I ran another scan and update, all is clean so hopefully things will stay that way. Being relatively new to all things "Computing and "Security" i tend to get a little paranoid lol!! but great to know i can always rely on sound advice from you guy's

TaTa betina

pavvel 15:33 07 Apr 07

I've got same rsult with Mks Vir online - Panda online didn't show what has detected but I assume it was the same. One of "dangerous" files was found in Bt Broadband Help directory [....\btbb\pskill.exe], another one in temp - possibly lastings of update.
I've deleted it but hopefully I'll not miss any important feature.

p;3 15:49 07 Apr 07

pays to be aware that not everything that the a2 scan finds IS a 'nasty'

if YOU get into problems best to start a fresh thread of your own

is a compaq or hp pc? if so it's the driver updater

betina 23:22 07 Apr 07

Many thanks guy's for all sound advice i was due to update my BT desktop help, which i did and as it was updating, it subsequently uninstalled the old desktop help files so hopefully my little intruder went with them lol!!! My scans are all clean no little nasties so far, so thanks once again for your help is most appreciated

Have a nice one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos