help - adsl router disconnecting

mitey_won 21:59 11 Jan 05

have an adsl modem/router which keeps dropping the adsl data signal intermittently. have checked router settings - set timeout to zero, checked physical connection, firewall etc

cant figure out why or what to do. Any tips?

running 2 pcs on winxp pro. Using pipex with belkin wireless adsl modem/router.

Mikè 22:31 11 Jan 05

Don't know which router you have but look at this click here in most Belkin routers this is a hidden adsl stat's page (may be some help)

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?

mitey_won 22:48 11 Jan 05

mike

may be being thick but doesnt seem to tell me alot. Using the F57630. Had a look on google and there seem to be issues with this model but cant find a solution. Tried the new firmware but no difference.

can anyone suggest a good adsl modem/router thats stable and doesnt disconnect every 10 minutes when the computer is idle?

Is what i use.. no problems!

Is it dodgy filters at all? or house wiring?

mitey_won 23:18 11 Jan 05

thing is, the adsl connection drops but will come back on when i click on refresh on the browser (most times). If it were a dodgy filter/loose connection, i would expect the connection to drop altogether, so that leaves either the settings or the router itself, and ive tried everything i can think of with regard to the settings.

Spark6 23:34 11 Jan 05

'Using the F57630'.

I have the F5D7630 ADSL Modem with Built-In 802.11g Wireless router. No problems at present.

mitey_won 19:48 12 Jan 05

could you give some details of your setup - i maight br doing something wrong, or for that matter anyone else who has the belkin F5D76730 modem with built-in 802.11g wireless router.

thanks

Spark6 20:06 12 Jan 05

The guide I used successfully was click here

Best of luck mitey_won

mitey_won 22:48 12 Jan 05

thanks for your help, i guess I'll just keep tinkering away until I get some joy or a new router.

cheers,

Mitey

Mikè 23:14 12 Jan 05

Well you have the same router as me (works fine for me on Pipex), so the link I posted above should take you to your routers "adsl status page" you may have to enter your admin password.

The reason I sugested going to click here is that noise levels ect are given, which if posted may give a clue about your problem.

Hairy Yeti 23:19 12 Jan 05

How long have you be using the hardwear/having the problem? Is it consistant? I have been having connection problems (different router) for about the last week and allways during the rough weather. When the wind drops things are OK again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…