Help with administrator account

Chris-190573 21:33 09 Jul 05

Hello all,

A colleague of mine left a few weeks ago and we have been using his computer under the "bobs" account ha created but this afternoon we tried to remove an older version of photoshop as we have just bought the new version. The computer said that we needed to contact the administrator and it sems that he has set his account as the administrator and we cannot add or remove anything on the computer.

He left under a cloud and would not be at all willing to help us sort this out and i am sure this was done intentiionally by him in the last few weeks before he left.

We are running windows 2000 - is there any way of doing anything about this?

I have the windows cd and would happily wipe the whole hard drive and start a fresh if that is possible.

Hope you can help!!

Thanks

Chris

VoG II 21:39 09 Jul 05
  Chris-190573 21:50 09 Jul 05

Thanks for the link, the only problem is that the computer in question is not connected to the internet and is a laptop with no floppy disk drive.

Can i just wipe the hard drive and start again? Think this will be my best option.

It wont currently let me do anything at all - no software canbe installed or removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…