help with acronis true image

Rocker 23:10 05 Feb 08

hi all. im haveing probs with acronis true image 7 i know the software is a bit old now but the recovery manager says it cant find any hard drives on my pc but works ok on my old pc could it be that my newer pc useing sata drives and the old one use ide if so is there a way to get it to see sata drives. thanks

woodchip 23:11 05 Feb 08

If your new Computer is XP or Vista you need to upgrade Acronis

Rocker 23:20 05 Feb 08

my computer is xp but so is the older one that it works ok on

brundle 23:21 05 Feb 08

The problem is the SATA drives. Only way to `get it to see SATA` is to buy a newer edition.

lotvic 23:35 05 Feb 08

read click here
"Minor Gripes
My main machine runs on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard with an Intel 875P chipset. Unfortunately Acronis True Image 7 still does not support the ICH5R SATA controller in RAID"

Quiet Life 23:44 05 Feb 08

Acronis 7 let me down when I needed to copy back from an external drive which it no longer recognised. Fault put right in later versions but I went onto XXclone which is free and did what I required. You can clone the whole of you C drive to a second internal drive and boot from that drive to check everything works and then you can reclone it to C drive if needed.

iscanut2 09:16 06 Feb 08

We are talking about a piece of software that is now in version 11, so really should be using this version or at least version 9 or 10. It's hardly surprising a version of 5 releases ago does not work properly on more recent pcs.

Grey Goo 09:34 06 Feb 08

I have a Raid 0 SATA set up and version 8 works very well. So I guess V8 onwards should suit your needs.

lotvic 21:39 06 Feb 08

Free Acronis 10 (slightly cut down version of TI 10) and it supports SATA
Anyone who has either a Seagate or Maxtor HD on their system can use it (it autodetects)

DiscWizard or MaxBlast5 is the same. They will both work with either Seagate or Maxtor HD

for more details click here and click on General Downloads - installation software

You do not have to 'register' on the website. Anyone can download it (them) from Seagate website

Dipso 07:52 07 Feb 08

I was considering buying Acronis TI 11 at Christmas when they had a good offer on but found out about DiscWizard. I run Vista and it works perfectly, saved myself a few quid.

Rocker 15:24 07 Feb 08

thank very much lotvic that was just what i was looking for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…