Help with Acer Aspire 5315 Recovery

c4rm0 13:06 21 Oct 10

Hi i have been given a Acer Aspire 5315 laptop and i want to restore it to the pre factory state(Windows Vista) with all the software / Drivers installed. All the partitions have been removed i have checked this via Fdisk /ERD Commander apart from the hidden Acer recovery partition which has the Vista Image on so i have pressed ALT + F10 and it boots into the Acer Recovery and it starts the recovery but then error's straight away with the error

The error was- Restore Failed- Reason oxd0000001d

Has any one got any ideas? Looks like the Recovery image is corrupt ? i dont fancy installing a Fresh copy of Vista / Windows 7 and having to install software / Drivers

northumbria61 13:13 21 Oct 10

Possible HDD failure - click here

northumbria61 13:16 21 Oct 10

You could try booting with a "live cd" like Ultimate Boot CD or LINUX Live CD

c4rm0 13:40 21 Oct 10

I read the same forum post myself last night !!! :) i have ran a HDD testing utility and it seems fine no bad sectors and SMART wasnt reporting any issues

What would you suggest doing once i booted off the ultimate Boot cd ? looking at there Site it just seems like its a boot cd with loads of DOS based tools on

I already have Hirens Boot CD and seems like it has all the same things on

c4rm0 12:08 22 Oct 10

Bump anyone ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…