help

sir jerry 23:12 19 Mar 14

I have a tashiba laptop computer. I have the disc that came with it. How do erase the memory so that I can sell the computer?

spuds 23:43 19 Mar 14

I would suggest that when you post a request, you state what you are seeking, because your title heading of "help" doesn't convey the message.

You should erase the contents from the hard-drive, because the memory would hold no personal information. This can be done in a number of ways, either replacing the hard-drive totally and destroying it, or using one of a number of download programs that will 'blank' the information on the hard-drive. It will not completely remove all the information on the hard-drive.

CCleaner as a program within itself that may help. Or alternatively check out the majorgeeks website for an alternative download. http//www.majorgeeks.com

onthelimit1 12:01 20 Mar 14

As you have the disc, I'd just reinstall the operating system. That will clear all your personal stuff. If the laptop has a recovery partition, then you can do as Jock1e suggests from that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 20 Mar 14

Reset to factory condition

install CCleaner, use Tools - Drive Wiper set to wipe free space option in Ccleaner.

you would then need a forensic team to recover any personal info from the drive :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant