HELP!

acm0037 20:58 02 May 13

I'm fairly new to website creation and I'm trying to build one for the agency I work for. We removed our old site and i'm trying to upload the new one. (We host our own site) It looks like it uploads correctly to the server but when I try to load it I get a 403 forbidden error. I can't figure this out!? I've even tried just uploading the home page and cant get it to work. PLEASE HELP!

Forum Editor 23:49 02 May 13

The 403 error in this context is usually because you haven't got the site structure right on the server - you're pointing your browser to a directory, rather than a specific web page.

I assume that you have your site's index page in the default document root directory (public_html). Unless you have, your site will not be visible.

You say "We host our own site" and I assume you have the server properly configured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…