blazingbadger 18:47 04 Feb 10

Advanced Spyware Remover

Version:2.0.0.12
Define Version:1279
Time Elapsed:00:11:42
Objects Scanned:67694
Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|
Trojan.Agnet, File, C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL, 9-31379

where has this come from and How do I get rid

bremner 18:53 04 Feb 10

VBE6.dll is a genuine file being aprt of Visual basic.

I belive this may be a false positive.

To be sure I would run a different Anti Spyware application and see what it finds.

Sea Urchin 20:16 04 Feb 10

"VBE6.dll is a genuine file being a part of Visual basic"

Yes it is, but it would be in the system32 folder. Malware can take on the name of a genuine file to disguise its presence in the system, but it is likely to be placed in the wrong folder.

birdface 20:30 04 Feb 10

Advanced Spyware Remover
I would remove it some really bad reviews about it.If it has quarantined anything allow it again before you remove.

click here

bremner 20:37 04 Feb 10

This files default location is C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\VBA\VBA6 and not in System32

click here

birdface 20:49 04 Feb 10

I know Malwarebytes has had problems with 10 bit programs accusing them of piracy but it looks as though Advanced Spyware Remover has troubles as well and maybe that is why the bad reports.

click here

Sea Urchin 22:09 04 Feb 10

I should have checked before posting :@)

blazingbadger 09:12 09 Feb 10

if it has quarantined anything allow it again before you remove.is that remove the programe with out quarintineing the said problem

bremner 19:56 09 Feb 10

Before removing the program restore the files that it has placed in its quarantine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…