help!!

bedlington2 22:13 08 Mar 08

when i type without caps lock on evrything is in capitals and when i am writing and i click in the middle of some text instead of just putting the cursor there it highlights everything up to there.

i think it has something to do with the shift button but i am not sure

anybody got any ideas?

RobCharles1981 22:21 08 Mar 08

best for you to close this one and restart a new one with a more descriptive heading "help" doesn't mean anything to us.

VoG II 22:21 08 Mar 08

Not sure either from your description but try pressing the Insert key.

Jak_1 22:22 08 Mar 08

What operating system? Have you run your Antivirus prog and anti-malware progs? What program does this happen in?

bedlington2 22:26 08 Mar 08

i think it is something to do with filter keys and sorry but couldnt put more discriptive title as i donjt know what it is

Jak_1 22:27 08 Mar 08

Filter keys?

bedlington2 22:28 08 Mar 08

ITS SOMETHING ON THE P>C THAT ACTIVATES WHEN YOU HOLD SHIFT OR SOMETHING

VoG II 22:34 08 Mar 08

Try turning off Sticky Keys in Control Panel > Accessibility Options.

bedlington2 22:37 08 Mar 08

ANOTHER THING IS WHEN I SCROLL DOWN USING ROLLER ON MOUSE IT GOES BACK AND FORWARD AS IF I WAS CLICKING THE ARROWS AND WHEN I CLICK ACCESIBILITY OPTIONS IT JUST COMES UP WITH CHANGE CONTRAST OR ADJUST MOBILITY SETTINGS

bedlington2 22:37 08 Mar 08

ITS AS IF THE SHIFT BUTTON IS BEING HELD AT ALL TIMES

lotvic 22:38 08 Mar 08

Do you mean 'StickyKeys'? Pressing the SHIFT key 5 times brings up the following box:
--
StickyKeys
Pressing the SHIFT key 5 times turns on Stickykeys. StickyKeys lets you use the SHIFT, CTRL, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time.
To keep StickyKeys on, click OK.
To cancel StickyKeys, Click Cancel.
To deactivate the key combination for StickyKeys, Click Settings.

OK Cancel Settings
--

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…