HELP..

Nibblerman 00:04 06 Jul 07

laptop that needed 48 updates (as updates was turned off)when i updated them the thing frooze for 10 mins after instaling them so i tried to open "task Manager" & got nothing..? so after another 5 mins i tried to reboot the pc but again nothing...???
now all it does is take me to black screen asking what mode i want the pc in like safe mode with prompt or just safe mode...it wont boot to desktop.....any suggestions please..:-)

umbongo(uk) 00:32 06 Jul 07

so what your saying is if you choose safe mode it dosent go to desktop

Nibblerman 07:19 06 Jul 07

thats right it just keps re-booting...??
it wont goto desktop...any suggestions please & thanks for the reply

umbongo(uk) 14:45 06 Jul 07

if i were you id just re-install the os again
then download a few updates at a time
seen as tho u cant get on to take any of the updates off ie the one that has sent the system into this repeat mode

its your call or wait for more suggestions as my laptop knowledge is limited to the stuff i got hanging around

crosstrainer 14:50 06 Jul 07

I would set your BIOS to boot from cd, and re-format, re-install xp. Can't think why the updates should have caused this, unless a re-boot was required in the middle of the update process. This can happen when the system requires it before downloading the rest of the updates.

p;3 15:02 06 Jul 07

a few suggestions; next time you do update, grab just a few at a time; much more manageable to take a meal in small quantities and let the comp swallow them

also, when you next post a new thread , could you think of a more appropriate/informative thread title?

Press Man 16:10 06 Jul 07

Does it not give you the option of last known good configuration? If so, try that.

p;3 16:22 06 Jul 07

why not try to deliberately put it IN safe mode when it boots up by pressing repeatedly the F8 key as soon as you switch it on , then select safe mode from the options; will it let you do that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now