Help

globespan 17:37 10 Mar 07

Hi there everybody.

I have a PC that is upstairs. What I want to be able to do is access the PC from downstairs and use my Television as a monitor. The main reason why I want to do this is to watch movies internet streams, listen to music, look through photos all on my downstairs television. How do I go about setting this up, if possible I would like to go wireless.

My PC has the following spec

Amd Athlon 64 Dual 4200
2 Gig Ram
N Vidia 512 MB Graphics card with Svideo out
400gb Hard drive
Operating system is XP Service pack 2 with windows media centre 2005.

Please help I am getting fed up of having to go upstairs if I want to listen to music or watch internet streams

Globespan

Kate B 17:48 10 Mar 07

I would have thought that either an Xbox 360 with a Media Center (sic) extender plus an ethernet bridge or a Media Center PC is the way to do this. Either way, it will require some investment in hardware.

One small thing - it helps everyone if you put a more descriptive thread title on your post. "Help", while heartfelt, doesn't tell us much about what you need help on.

globespan 17:53 10 Mar 07

Thank you for that, when using an x box can you view other parts of your PC for instance outwith Media Centre itself ie, the internet for example

Kate B 18:09 10 Mar 07

click here You need to be running Media Center on your PC to use it.

p;3 18:19 10 Mar 07

to perhaps state the obvious; anyone who does psot on here is askign FOR help; so when you do next post a new thread a wee bit more of a descriptive title would help those who seek to help you;thanks

as to your computer problem I will leave that to others

moorie- 20:23 10 Mar 07

worth checking this out with a phonecall to see if this will do the job plus you will need rc5 compatable mouse and keyboard

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…